"It's the Cat's Ass!"*
A collection of DFC-related resources
*A caption originally posted by Werehamster for #249, which we deleted, but I later decided I liked.
- The DysFAQ v2.2 (Aug 1999)
- Caption Guidelines v2 (Apr 1999)
- A loose set of guidelines to follow to get your captions accepted
- Horselover Fat's Inside Guide to the DFC
- An editor's opinions on what gets a caption accepted
- The DFC Home Companion
- Raven's great cross-referenced companion guide; also provides what will probably be a more updated list of other/fringe DFC resources out there
- Gen. Sedgwick's DFC Stats
- Statistics on caption acceptance rates, and other things I barely understand, even after he explained them to me two or three times
- The Sledgehammer
- Only-slightly-distorted tales of the end-days. DFC news articles and Spinn's own accounts.
- The Spinnwebe Spiral
- The web ring of some of DFC's finest.
PLEASE NOTE: The real DFC is now retired, and as such, no longer accepting captions. This is an archive. See FAQ #6, but ignore the bit about the feedback link, since Spinn's archive has gone down too (but that's why we're here, right?). And nearly all this information is now useless, outdated, and obsolete. But I've included these pages so that those unfamiliar with the DFC concept, those who found this little archive after the real DFC came down, can hopefully get some idea of how the DFC used to work and why the captions are the way they are. Please don't e-mail me or Spinn or anyone else with new captions.